I’ve been so busy lately that I got astray with my reading schedule (well I don’t really have a reading schedule per se but I do try to read and review as much book as time permits) and got hooked up with more important priorities like work and starting a business. As of today, I just realized I only bought 12 new books (which is ready tamed if you know my spending and reading habits) and read 35 books out of 50 (according to my Goodread 2012 Reading Challenge update).
I need to update and re-introduce myself with the book blogging community. Here are my goals and update as of May:
1. I made a transfer from my Blogger home to WordPress and I am loving every bit of the move so far.
2. Decided that I’ll be more active with my book groups in Goodreads – I am only a member of two so far. One is The Filipino Group and the other is the YA Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Club. Have to catch up on what to read for this year. Decided that I won’t be shy anymore but rather be in the open and socialize more.
3. Organize my bookshelf on what was already read and what are to be read so that I’ll know what books to tackle in the future, not to mention organize the books that are in my Nooks.
4. Discover new books – never limit and be more adventurous in book choices and trying out recommendations by fellow book bloggers.
5. Maximize social media more and widen my network.
6. Comment. Comment. Comment and meet new friends.
** wait, so far everything is more being in the open and meeting friends. Well, it’s because back in 2011 I didn’t participate more in the community, remained a shy bug – sad but true so this year, I vow to socialize. Socialize. SOCIALIZE.
7. BUY more books. (Who can blame me, especially when there are tons of great books this year)
8. Prioritize work/career, better time management and always remember that blogging is fun not something that should be obligatory.
9. Write better reviews. 🙂
10. SAVE. SAVE. SAVE. (both for personal and book buying teehee)
With those said, any book recommendations for me? 🙂 Have a great weekend guys and enjoy every page of your current read.