I am trying something new. Here’s my first post for FGH. FGH: Found, Grabbed, Hauled is basically an IMM post, renamed (why can’t I think of a quirky name?? :S). Like the title said, this post highlights books that I found, grabbed and purchased. Includes bookish finds from second hand shops, bookstores, eARCS (Netgalley & Authors/Publishers) and anything book related for the week.
Forgive me guys for posting this so late. I was supposed to post this a week ago but my schedule at work is supeeeer hectic. Arrrr. Anywho, here’s what I bought and receive last week and this week.
Yeah I know, old books huh. Well that’s what you get when you browse second hand stores and you can’t be sure of what you can find in the store but I am very happy with these.
- Of Bees and Mist – 80Php (roughly $2)
- The Nanny Diaries – 40Php ($1)
- The Body Finder – 99 Php (roughly $2.50)
- Deja Dead & Monday Mourning – 80 Php each (close to $4) [Just realized that Deja Dead and Monday Mourning is 5 books part. Haha okay so I got to find books 2-6]
This I already finished. You can find the review HERE.
- The Booby Trap – Anne Browning Walker
- The Quantum Games (Alchemists Academy #3) – Kailin Gow
- Brenner and God – Wolf Haas
- The Fine Color of Rust – P.A. O’Reilley
- Syndrome E – Franck Thilliez
- Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) – Deborah Harkness
When thirty-something Deputy Inspector Antonio Ferrara of the Italian Polizia di Stato discovers that the seemingly random victims of a Tuscan serial killer are all illegitimate descendants of one Giovanni di Cosimo de Medici, a 15th century Florentine banker, his superior scoffs at his theory, the Italian military police caution him to leave this closed case alone on the basis that it involves an issue of “national security,” and even his father uses the occasion to hector him to leave police work and return to the family art business. Undeterred, Antonio enlists the aid of Rachel Fuller, an American Fulbright scholar working on her Medici dissertation in Florence, and together they travel to America to unlock a secret that spans three continents and eight centuries.
So that’s what I have for the past two weeks, what’s in store for you this week?
SIDE NOTE: I also purchased books recently via Book Depository but I’ll make a separate post for those when all the books arrive. 🙂