FGH: Found, Grabbed & Hauled is basically IMM – rebranded. Like the title said, this post highlights books that I found, grabbed and purchased this week. Includes bookish finds from second hand shops, bookstores, eARCS (Netgalley & Authors/Publishers) and anything book related.
Hey guys, so this is my 2nd post for FGH and I’ve got a number of books to share with ya’ll. I finally received my BD package and was sooo happy to open them. So here’s what I got this week:
- Envy (Luxe Novel #3) by Anna Godbersen – bought this at NBS* for Php 99 (roughly $2.5). I need to find books 1,2 & 4 to be able to read this one. 🙂
- White Oleander by Janet Fitch – bought this at BS* for Php 40 ($1). I already read and reviewed this one, just wanted a HB copy of my own.
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer – just because I found it fascinating.
- The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano – I’ve seen this book in Airiz’s website and I instantly got curious. After reading her review, I decided that I need to look into this book. 🙂 (Kindly check her out, her reviews are awesome!!)
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – already read this book but lost my copy, so I need to buy another one. Teehee!
- Looking for Alaska by John Green – been hearing a great deal about John Green, got to see for myself.
- Provocateur by Charles D. Martin
- Duck Boy by Bill Bunn
- Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry
- The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter
- The White Oak (Imperfect Darkness, #1) by Kim White
- Masters & Slayers (Tales Of Starlight, #1) by Bryan Davis
Intangible (Intangible #1)
by J. Meyers
Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.
Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.
by K.B. Hoyle
A year ago Darcy Pennington had no real friends. A year ago she’d thought that magic only existed in fairy tales. A year ago she would have laughed at the idea of other worlds.
Then everything changed when she’d visited Cedar Cove Family Camp and stumbled into a magical gateway to a world called Alitheia.
Wings of Hope
by Hillary E. Peak
The bond of a father and daughter is special. When Jules father asks her to come be stay with him because he’s terminally ill, she goes for the remarkable opportunity to really know her father. She never dreamed he had liberated a concentration camp, dealt cards to Bugsy Siegel or saved the life of a Black Panther. Wings of Hope takes you on a road trip through the memories of a man making peace with his life through his conversations with his daughter. Teaching her that death is sometimes the most heartbreakingly beautiful part of life. Hope is the last gift of a father to his daughter–the power to reach for her dreams.
Dead Radiance (Valkyrie #1)
by T.G. Ayer
Bryn Halbrook had always seen the glow. But it is only when her best friend dies that she discovers the meaning of those beautiful golden auras — Death. Alone, lost in the foster system, she struggles to understand who she is and why she was cursed with the ability to see the soon-to-be-dead.
The new foster kid, Aidan, isn’t helping any. Mr. Perfect seems to fit in no matter what, making her feel even more pathetic. But when his affections turn to her, Bryn finds him hard to resist. Impossible actually. A mystery himself, Aidan disappears, leaving behind a broken heart and a mysterious book that suggests Bryn might not be entirely human.
Bryn stands at the threshold of a journey of discovery. Will destiny help her find herself, find her purpose and her place in a world in which she’d never belonged?
**Thanks to J Meyers, The Writer’s Coffee Shop, Majanka of Enchanted Book Promotions & Cami of Reading Addiction Blog Tour
SIDE NOTE: I just received an email for the upcoming book to read from TFG (The Filipino Group) via Goodreads, I still haven’t finished The Fellowship of the Rings. Arrrgghh but I think I’ll finish it by Sunday, hopefully finish it by Sunday, HAVE to finish it by Sunday. Hahahah.
Okay what did you receive for this week guys??